the break up


dear pleated skirt,
I loved you. I did.
 And then I tried you on. It was tragic.
 Sticking out in the wrong places, fluffy in the wrong way. 
You were a designer tent and I don't like camping.
 We looked like a hot mess together, so we're going our separate ways.
 I'm going to have to move on.
 Your trend is just not going to work for me.
 Don't worry, I still admire you on the thousands of women who can wear you and I will stare... remembering those few moments (more like 15 minutes) of hope we had in the dressing room...before it became obvious that you wouldn't be a part of my life.
We're over.

Beat it skirt.

8 comments

Sarah said...

Your letter cracks me up. I need to part with a good number of trends this way. (: Hopefully a better piece of clothing finds itself coming your way.

janel said...

I love the pleated skirt look too! That sucks! I'm sorry it didn't work! I have a hard time finding clothes that look good on me so I feel your pain. . . I always want to wear the trendy clothes that look great on super skinny girls without any boobs! What gives?

Leigh Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheDayleigh said...

I know! I love to try trends out, but sometimes they just DO NOT WORK. This was definitely one of them. I've tried several skirts and I know what my problem is, I just don't have the sewing ability to "fix" the skirt. lol! I may keep looking, but in the meantime, these skirts are going the way of the babydoll dress on me --- O-U-T!

Coll said...

I need to break up with a few things myself. This cracked me up!

Marie-Eve said...

That's so funny ! I actually have the same problem with this trend, and I get a little jealous of girls who looks so good in them !

Ashley Sisk said...

Don't you just hate when that happens! And it's such a beautiful skirt!

Reena said...

LOL .... I have had to break up with a number of clothing articles ... sigh

© THE DAYLEIGH
Maira Gall